Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Totally Useless Stitch A Long aka TUSAL

Below your will see a jar but not just any old jar....it's my ORTS jar.


What is an ORT you ask?

It's an Old Ragged Thread...however they aren't so ragged actually. They are all the end bits of embroidery thread, crochet thread, CQ silk ribbon bits etc that I cannot seem to throw away. I have been saving them for years and years. I'm not kidding.

I always think maybe I'll use them for something or other. Occasionally I do..... I made a book cover once.


 The jar is getting a bit stuffed so I need to get some ideas to use them up.

Anyway the point of this whole post is that I an joining A Totally Useless Stitch A Long aka TUSAL hosted by It's Daffycat. If you wish to learn more about this you can go to her post here. 

Or click on this pic on my right hand sidebar.


So I'm already behind on TUSAL for 2018 as I the full moon date was on January 17th. I have now put all the dates on my calendar.

Take care:) 




2 comments:

  1. Oh I have one of those jars too. I found it in the back of the cupboard the other day when having a sort out. It's full to the brim too and never been emptied. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did TUSAL several years ago but couldn't come up with a use for my threads at the end of it - decided I am better off chucking them as I go rather than dealing with the guilt when I throw out a whole jar full!!

    ReplyDelete


If you leave a comment and I don't respond it's because I didn't get an email notice. It could be because you are a "no reply" blogger. Here is a way to fix that......http://morefromyourblog.com/no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix-this/